Ľupča castle castle, preserved
The highest located castle in Pohronie. It was built in the 13th century on the orders of Béla IV after the Mongol invasion and was often visited by Hungarian kings. In the 18th century, it gradually lost its significance. Since 2002 it belongs to Železiarne Podbrezová. There is an exposition of ceramics in the castle.
Ľupčiansky zámok, Slovenská Ľupča; 1306 castrum de Lypche
Above Slovenská Ľupča, about 10 km east of Banská Bystrica. Elevation 420 meters.
By bus: to the bus stop Slovenská Ľupča, Pod hradom. On foot to the castle 400 m, 6 minutes.
By train: to the station Slovenská Ľupča, on foot to the castle 1.4 km, 20 minutes.
By car: to the parking lot near the castle (48.77312, 19.28151)