Borša, castle (rebuilt into another building)

Place: Borša, County: Trebišov, Region: Košice , Historic region: Zemplin

Brief description

A stone water castle, which was built after the Tatar invasion (13th century) by the king Belo IV. Its history is not known very good, we only know, that castle was owned by many families (Perin, Polonyi, Lorantffy, Rakoczi and others). At the end of 16th or the beginning of 17th century was on its place built so-called "hradný kaštieľ" (which can be translated like castle-like mansion-house).

Pictures

2 picures

Situation

In the village Borša (altitude 102 meters) near the river Bodrog, 3 km to the east from Slovenské Nové Mesto. Near is the lowest place in the Slovak republic, which altitude is 94,3 meters.


3D hrady


Hrad Beckov


Kamenní strážcovia III


Malé Karpaty 1935

Access

By the road No. 553 Trebišov - Čierna nad Tisou or by the railway line No. 190 Košice - Čierna nad Tisou, station Borša.

Nearby castles

Cejkov, Kazimír, Streda nad Bodrogom, Veľký Kamenec, Zemplínsky hrad

Literature

Polla, Belo: Hrady a kaštiele na východnom Slovensku
Východoslovenské vydavateľstvo. Košice. 1980